The Programmatic Team at Manning Gottlieb OMD are looking for an Advertising & Media Apprentice to join the 30 strong team of display specialists that work across a varied roster of clients including Government, Specsavers, John Lewis & Partners, Apple, Renault and Virgin Media.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, talented team and will have the chance to learn, grow and develop from the outset.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and analytical skills from either work experience or study backgrounds and report into a Programmatic and Display Manager to focus on four key areas (data-lead planning, display activation, campaign optimisation and reporting) to develop best-in-class strategies and campaigns.
Key Responsibilities that you will learn:
- Basic understanding of the display advertising landscape, programmatic ecosystem, buying mechanics and content verification dynamics.
- Basic understanding of OMG product and service suite whilst ensuring that these are pushed at every opportunity with support from Planner Buyer/Activation Manager
- Basic understating of digital reporting planning tools effectively (e.g. DSP, Ad Server, Content Verification Platforms, Analytics Packages etc.) to both programmatic and direct IO display activation
- Translation of planning briefs into media plan responses across at least 1 DSP
- Timely and accurate booking and reconciliations on agency finance system
- End to end campaign activation including planning, implementation, and reporting across both programmatic and direct IO routes to market dependant on client KPIs
- Optimisation of delivery and performance against campaign objectives using different data sources (DSP, Ad Server etc.)
5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
Attention to detail, Communication skills,
Training to be provided
You will undertake the ground breaking Apprentify Advertising and Media Executive Level 3 apprenticeship.
We have designed our programme to offer you 2 distinct routes to focus your career path and specialise in areas such as Social Media or Search Engine Marketing. These paths are designed to jump start your career and make you stand out in a competitive field increasing your future earning potential.
During the 13 months of training you will learn cutting edge theory and industry practice across nine units:
- The Advertising and Media Industry
- The Agency Environment #1
- The Agency Environment #2
- The Advertising Landscape
- The Advertising Lifecycle
- Media Planning and Buying
- Data and Metrics
- Creative Production and Branding
- Legal, Regulatory and Ethical Considerations in Advertising
- Principles of Negotiation
You will also complete your IPA Foundation Certificate from The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA). During this qualification, you will gain an essential overview of all areas of advertising, understand consumers, their motivations and how to influence purchasing decisions through the science of choice, learn how to write strategies that sell, the roles of different media and how to use data and how to measure the success of your work.
In addition to all of the above, all of our applicants will go through our Assessment Centre. This exclusive session is designed to identify your digital strengths and weaknesses to help us match you with the perfect employer and the perfect role to start your career in the best way!
Things to consider
20k starting salary with incremental increases based on performance. Subject to performance, you should be on £28k by 18months.
Hybrid role, with 2-3 days in office
MG OMD job descriptions are not intended to be restrictive and are a guideline to the duties in this role.
At OMG, UK we have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation. Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for us and our clients’ businesses.