This is the perfect role for someone who would like to make their mark on a small, but rapidly growing business.
We are are a busy Leicester based digital agency offering digital marketing services for a wide range of small business clients, including social media management and website design and development. We're based on DMU campus in the Innovation Centre, a hub of lively business activity. Not one day is the same in our busy office. The new team member would work within a core team of 6, with the support of additional part-timers and interns. They would work directly with one other member of the web department. Amongst other duties you will undertake the following;
- Adding content to WordPress websites
- Data input into WordPress websites
- Use of third party plugins to add on functionality to a WordPress website, such as WooCommerce
- WordPress updates, backups and maintenance
- Cross browser testing and responsive web techniques
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Front end website troubleshooting
Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths) OR Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths
IT skills, Team working, Problem solving skills, Creative, Initiative,
Training to be provided
You will undertake the ground breaking Apprentify Digital Marketer Level 3 apprenticeship.
We have designed our programme to offer you 4 distinct routes to focus your career path and specialise in areas such as Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, Web Design or Web Development. These paths are designed to jump start your career and make you stand out in a competitive field increasing your future earning potential.
During the 15 months of training you will learn cutting edge theory and industry practice across three Knowledge Modules:
- Marketing Principles – starting with the basics you will learn how to effectively target customers based on their wants and desires as well as how the sales and marketing funnels work. You will understand what makes customers buy or not buy and how marketing can influence this as well as how to effectively focus on target markets and manage customers to make them loyal to a business.
- How the Web Works – delving into the technical you will learn the Principles of Coding and how marketers create effective web sites, designs and user interfaces. This includes how web design and development drive engagement and conversions.
- Driving Return on Investment – using data to create detailed customer insight, you will learn how to use industry leading platforms (including Google Analytics) to understand the online customer journey and improve your marketing based on customer usage of your website.
What you will receive:
- Access to some of the largest digital focused companies in the North West and Yorkshire
- A chance to earn whilst you learn amongst leading industry professionals
- Full support and coaching from an experienced Development Coach with excellent industry experience
- Onsite monthly visits / mentoring and coaching sessions
- Graduation in under 15 months
- Access to the very latest online technical and marketing training
- Marketing projects based on real life scenarios within your business to enhance learning
- Develop expertise in an area to develop your career with our bespoke Path to Mastery
- Digital skills and coaching in social media marketing, Google advertising, copywriting, website design and development, content production and tools to enhance digital marketing
In addition to all of the above, all of our applicants will go through our Assessment Centre. This exclusive session is designed to identify your digital strengths and weaknesses to help us match you with the perfect employer and the perfect role to start your career in the best way!
Things to consider
● Training budget including books and courses
● Based in a business hub
● Access to a staff kitchen, soft drinks, sofas, seating
● Above inflation annual wage increase
● All overtime is paid for (when management approved)
● Eye test voucher scheme
● Collaborative, open environment
● Wide range of interesting clients and projects
● Free healthy food & drink available in the office
● Huge opportunities for career development
● Opportunity for a bonus scheme
● 20 holiday days a year pro rata plus bank holidays
● Company-wide days out for inspiration
● Company lunch outings and social events
● Spontaneous doughnut days!
Future prospects will be considered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.