We are currently looking for an ambitious IT Technical Sales Apprentice to join a team of, in total, five new apprentices doing business development work, under the guidance of sales managers in the UK and in collaboration with more experienced business development teams in India.
Aspire has nine sales executives and sales managers in Europe. We are currently looking for an ambitious IT Technical Sales Apprentice to join a team of, in total, five new apprentices doing business development work, under the guidance of sales managers in the UK and in collaboration with more experienced business development teams in India. The expectation and hope is that these apprentices will develop into full sales executives.
The first 12 – 16 months
- Research prospective clients in order to identify opportunities to communicate and in order to customise messaging
- Work with the sales managers to create, fine-tune and renew messages and approaches to prospective clients
- Manage lists and other data using spreadsheets, CRM and prospecting tools
- Use email, messaging and telephone calling to identify leads and prospects for Aspire services and products
- Identify decision-makers and establish contact with them
- Nurture relationships with prospective clients
- Take ownership for building the pipeline of opportunities
- Take responsibility for understanding IT services offerings and competition and, where appropriate, a client industry vertical (e.g. Banking & Financial Services / Insurance / Hi-tech)
- Assist and support the sales team as required to drive engagement and follow-up associated with events or campaigns
- Potential future extension of role
- Manage end-to-end sales cycles
- Present the complete service offerings to prospective clients
- Coordinate with company resources, including delivery and support functions to meet sales performance objectives and client expectations
- Achieve assigned targets in the designated geography / services
- Meet assigned expectations for profitability
- Report progress and issues using the company’s processes
5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
Communication skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills,
Training to be provided
You will undertake the innovative and industry led Apprentify IT Technical Salesperson Level 3 apprenticeship.
We have designed our programme to offer you distinct routes to focus your career path and specialise in areas such as social selling or account management. These paths are designed to jump start your career and make you stand out in a competitive field increasing your future earning potential.
During the 15 months of training you will learn cutting edge theory and industry practice across eight units:
- The Sales Lifecycle: you will learn about the sales environment, basic sales and marketing theory and how to manage customers through the sales lifecycle.
- Computer Systems and Sales: you will understand how different IT systems benefit an organisations efficiency and improve sales as well as their core unique selling points.
- The Sales Process: You will begin to master objection handling and closing sales as well as how to negotiate with prospects to achieve better results.
- Product Project: you will learn to analyse your market in detail and propose opportunities for new business for your organisation that are suitable for your product line.
- Sales Ethics and Legalities: you will gain an appreciation of legislation that affects sales and how to sell your products and services in an ethical manner.
- System Security: you will learn about how IT systems keep customer data secure and the principles of secure coding.
- Account Management: You will develop your skills in customer communication to win repeat business with your prospects and learn the importance of cultivating long term relationships.
- The Cloud and Unified Comms: you will learn about how organisations utilise cutting edge tech to streamline processes and protect from cyber attacks.
- What you will receive:
- A chance to earn whilst you learn amongst leading industry professionals
- Full support and coaching from an experienced Development Coach with excellent industry experience
- Onsite monthly visits / mentoring and coaching sessions
- Graduation in under 15 months
- Access to the very latest online technical and marketing training
- Sales projects based on real life scenarios within your business to enhance learning
- Develop expertise in an area to develop your career with our bespoke Path to Mastery
- Learn sales skills and coaching in objection handling, account management, lead qualification, negotiation and using technology to improve sales
In addition to all the above, all of our applicants will go through our Assessment Centre. This exclusive session is designed to identify your sales strengths and weaknesses to help us match you with the perfect employer and the perfect role to start your career in the best way!
Things to consider
• An attractive bonus scheme.
• Benefits including company contribution to pension
• Potential for progression in a company that is growing.
• Salary £18,000-£22,000 DOE
• Obtaining experience of selling services in highly popular technology such as AI, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, data analytics, testing automation and mobile
As above, the hope and expectation is that apprentices will develop from business development executives into full sales executives in 12 to 16 months.