An amazing opportunity for a Merchandising Analyst Apprentice to join JD Sports Fashion and work closely with the Outdoor Division to develop reporting, insights and business solutions. The successful candidate will complete the level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship and learn day to day from professionals within the industry.
- With assistance from experienced developers, relevant stakeholders and colleagues your role will include:
- Support Outdoor Merchandising Operations team on day-to-day tasks and reporting
- Collect, analyse, and document business functionality, change requests and data requirements
- Collaborate with end users and project team members on requirement development & design
- Surfacing insights, KPI’s and analysis and problem solving to the team
- Design, develop, test, debug, maintain, and document system components
- Manage timelines of developments, reports, and analysis
- Communicate in an effective manner the possible solutions, results, and impact
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed and help train others to use the new features
Must Have: 5 GCSE’s – grades A-C must include English and Maths
Desirable: Any of either A level, BTEC or NVQ in an IT related subject.
Desirable Skills and behaviours:
- Understanding of data quality and master data management
- Python / R experience preferred
- Oracle database skills, including the ability to write SQL
- Use of visualisation tools e.g., OBIEE / Looker / Google Data Studio
- Software engineering practices and information architecture
- Java / HTML / CSS / C++ / Visual Basic / Plotly Dash
- Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Machine Learning algorithms
- Predictive modelling
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and take initiative, working with associates at all levels
Training to be provided
You will undertake the ground breaking Apprentify Data Analyst Level 4 apprenticeship.
We have designed our programme to offer you a distinct route into your career path and specialise in areas such as Data Architecture, collecting and cleansing data, produce performance dashboards and reports .
During the 15 months of training, you will learn cutting edge theory and industry practice across 11 carefully structured Modules covering the duties that are required as a Data Analyst:
- Identify data sources to meet the organisation's requirement, using evidence-based decision making to establish a rationale for inclusion and exclusion of various data sets and models
- Liaise with the client and/or colleagues from other areas of the organisation to establish reporting needs and deliver accurate information
- Collect, compile and, if needed, cleanse data, such as sales figures, Digital Twins etc. solving any problems that arise, to/from a range of internal and external systems.
- Produce performance dashboards and reports in the Visualisation and Model Building Phase
- Support the business by maintaining and developing reports for analysis to aid with decisions, and adhering to organisational policy/legislation
- Produce a range of standard and nonstandard statistical and data analysis reports in the Model Building phase
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Draw conclusions/Recommend appropriate response/Offer Guidance/Interpretation
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders, making recommendations
- Provide regular reports & analysis to different management/leadership teams, ensuring data is used and represented ethically in line with relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR, which incorporates Privacy by Design).
- Ensure data is appropriately stored and archived, in line with relevant legislation e.g. GDPR
- Practice continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development
What you will receive:
- A chance to earn whilst you learn amongst leading industry professionals
- Full support and coaching from an experienced Development Coach with excellent industry experience
- Onsite monthly visits / mentoring and coaching sessions
- Graduation in under 18 months
- Access to the very latest online technical and analytics training
- Data projects based on real life scenarios within your business to enhance learning
- Develop expertise in an area to develop your career with our bespoke Path to Mastery
- Digital skills and coaching in Data Analytics
In addition to all of the above, all of our applicants will go through our Assessment Centre. This exclusive session is designed to identify your digital strengths and weaknesses to help us match you with the perfect employer and the perfect role to start your career in the best way!
Things to consider
• Staff discount
• Enrolled onto company pension plan
• An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business
Fantastic career and earning potential within a fast growing business and industry. This is like no other opportunity on the market.